When it comes to prepayment meters, the disadvantages generally outweigh the advantages.
Advantages of prepaid meters include:
- Helping customers to manage their debt and energy usage
- preventing large, unexpected bills
Disadvantages of prepayment meters include:
- above average costs for your gas and electricity;
- the best energy deals on the market aren’t available to prepayment meter customers;
- they can be inconvenient because you have to go out to ‘top up’ keys and smartcards
- if you can’t reach a shop to top up your meter your energy can be switched off
- older meters need to have their prices updated manually after price rises or falls, which can take months. which This means you could be left paying old rates and owing a lump sum or paying too much.
For any query log on to www.rikkeninstrumentation.com